Oversee wholesales business and develop strategies to contribute to the growth and profitability of the company.
Deal with a range of tasks, including working with dealers, to find ways to build sales, control expenses, and evaluate staff performance.
Principal Accountabilities: (in a series of brief statements, describe the principal accountabilities of the job, i.e. the major responsibilities and specify the key actions, i.e. major duties and end-result(s) to be obtained from both)
1. Strategy and Planning:
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for wholesale management and development to achieve organizational performance (ABP) plans within agreed targets, budgets and timescales (covering relevant areas of operation - e.g. Sales, Net Profit, Expense Minimization, Inventory Management, Discount Sales, claim resolution, turning around loss making dealers).
- Develop appropriate and sustainable Market Intelligence Channels to obtain best practices of wholesale operations, competitor activities and initiatives, pricing strategy, and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company so that the Company can device its own strategy.
- Design, develop and implement an ideal Wholesale Organization Structure to manage the economy of scale while ensuring optimization of the Wholesale Sales Force.
- Analyse current business and forecast future demands. Ensure business expansion by proper mapping of potential existing and new dealers.
- Plan and organize regular meeting about day to day activities withdealers, distributors and their customers relevant to the business.
- Ensure customer growth by obtaining and scheduling promotions to increase sales-through.
- Visit customers as and when required to maintain a strong relationship and inform them about incentives, new products transitions and provide product knowledge as and when necessary.
- Attend trade shows, buying group events and other related events to increase market share and develop customers.
- Follow up with both internal and external customers to insure all sales marketing programs are properly communicated, implemented and fully supported. That includes but not limited to: communication of special pricing or programs, and incentive programs.
- Follow up and instruct team to Maintain FIFO, stock shortage at zero level, limit damaged products in the depots.
- Audit the depots on a regular basis and make people accountable for stock shortage.
- Ensure 100% collection of due bills, limit outstanding to 0%.
- Attend ExCo meetings and deliver business reports.
- Inform the accounting/IT department of any changes to the customers pricing or programs as they occur.
3. Financial Accountability:
- Prepare wholesale annual business plan, budget and ensure expenditures are properly documented, budgeted and approved in line with Company requirements, and regularly carry out budget controls and cost projections during the year in order to ensure profitability, avoid budget overspending and avoid outstanding.
- Advertisement/Promotional expenses
- Conveyance bill of his team
- Discount as per budget
- FIFO Maintain
- Maintain max 1-year stock
- Achieve sales target at least 20% per article per month (1)
- He will be accountable to maintain all the policy related to distribution
- If any product is sold more than the MRP fixed by company the person in charge will be accountable.
- To sell the full quantity of product as per the point number 6, ordered by them.
4. Stakeholder Management and Management Reporting:
- Maintain active contact and communication with key business stakeholders and provide advice and consulting to the Company management on business matters having wholesale implications, in order to achieve competitive advantage and facilitate business development.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental heads so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of wholesale business development, and to ensure they are fully informed of wholesale objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Submit weekly/monthly sales forecast and works with management to ensure good product availability in the depots as well as CDC.
5. Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure implementation, adherence and monitoring the effectiveness of Wholesale, Human Resources & Administration, Statutory, Compliance processes and procedures so that all related risks are minimized or neutralized.
- Resolves customer’s complaints by investigation problems, developing solutions, making recommendations to management.
6. People Management:
- Lead, guide and develop team members as well as independent sales team by communicating company and functional direction, agreeing and defining accountabilities and performance objectives, providing feedback on performance and identifying and supporting personal and career development.
- Develop a Core Team focusing on leadership pipeline and succession planning to minimize the risk of talent shortage.
- Ensure at least 2.5% of attrition rate.
7. Non-Financial Accountability:
7.1 Responsible for Stock and Inventory Management
7.2 Responsible for Depot level process and procedure
7.3 Manage Staffs and ensure security of the Depot
I. Context / Environment:
This position oversees sales teams and develops strategies to contribute to the growth and profitability of the company. They deal with a range of tasks, including working with company managers to find ways to build sales, control expenses, and evaluate staff performance. This is typically a full-time, office-based role, but overtime and longer hours can be expected during busy periods. This position should have strong leadership skills, be able to analyze data and sales numbers, and have strong decision-making abilities. The position requires the ability to be self-motivated and customer-focused as well as the ability to guide, direct, and coach employees.