To provide outpatient, diagnostic, day care and inpatient care services by planning, implementing and evaluating health care delivery programs and clinical operations with the aim of patient safety and care at JCI quality of standard. This position assists the Head of Operations to plan, develop, implement and oversee company initiatives and projects. This role has budgeting responsibility-preparing and controlling. S/he also steps in and assumes the Head of Operation’s responsibilities in his absence.
- Coordinate operations and personnel activities to meet Departmental head, Hospital and Health System objectives related to the provision of services within designated areas.
- Maintain interface with departmental personnel to ensure there is adequate space and facilities for patient care and coordination of facilities.
- Oversee patient care flow while redirecting and allocating resources. Determine necessary space, equipment, supplies and support systems to ensure effective functioning of unit/department
- Investigate patient/visitor concerns and implements appropriate courses of action.
- Take corrective action in situations requiring immediate intervention, including interpretation and administration of hospital policy and work rules.
- Intervene and problem solves for inter-/intra-departmental issues. Facilitate interdepartmental communication, negotiation and decision-making.
- Document pertinent information, actions and decisions and communicates to appropriate leadership. Standard collaborate with clinical and support staff to foster delivery of JCI standard of quality care.
- Ensures quality standards in all units’ operations.
- Coordinates compilation of the capital and operational budgets of the unit.
- Ensures that prompt, courteous, efficient and personalized service is provided to all customers, in order to maximize satisfaction.
- Assists Operation Head in manpower planning in all departments to achieve efficiency level.
- Monitors the key performance indicators of the unit and initiates corrective action, whenever necessary ensures relevant statutory requirements and norms are met so as to achieve efficiency of business operations.
- Excellent communication skills especially in English
- Well conversant in any international language other than mother tongue and English is an added advantage
- Cost control
- Service design and marketing.
- Effective Team Player Negotiation Skills
- Motivating others
- Convincing and influencing skills
- Charismatic Leadership with strong team orientation